B&G Barton & Guestier
The company originated in 1725 when Irishman Thomas Barton settled in Bordeaux and set up as a wine merchant. In 1802, his grandson Hugh joined forces with Frenchman Daniel Guestier to create a partnership that abides to the present day.
Barton & Guestier is the oldest wine house in Bordeaux, releasing wines from across France produced in partnership with more than 200 winegrowers. It operates on a négociant basis and wines are made at various locations, and are overseen by B&G winemakers.
The company’s Bordeaux flagship is Château Magnol in the Haut-Médoc, a property which also has a food and wine academy and a corporate hospitality hub. A range of other châteaux across the main Bordeaux appellations are also selected and released by B&G. The branded, generic Bordeaux wines include the famous 1725 and French Tom labels, Prince Noir and the Thomas Barton Reserve Médoc.